MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Controller-AML & Compliance
Reporting to: AML Analyst
Division – Legal & Compliance
No. of Vacancies: 2
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the job is to provide 24/7 monitoring and oversight (2nd line assurance role) over Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing controls through proactive identification, assessment, reporting and mitigation of AML compliance and reputational risks across business lines and products.
The role will also support with consumer fraud identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting activities associated with SIM Registration.
Main Job Functions:
- Proactive Identification, Investigation, and assessment of System alerts for potential money laundering risks to MTN Uganda.
- Supporting the business with consumer fraud identification and monitoring activities associated with SIM card registration and other related operations.
- Applying AML discipline aimed at adequate & effective AML detection, monitoring, and reporting of Suspicious activity.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with Key stakeholders in the AML process including those in Information Technology, MFS, Finance, Sales & Distribution and Customer Experience.
- AML awareness: Supporting awareness programs through identification of awareness gaps among Customers, Staff, Dealers/Agents/Partners and making recommendations on the required awareness to be conducted.
- Regulatory reporting for Large Cash Transactions (LCTRs) and Suspicious Transactions (STRs) or any other reports as may be required.
- Cause ongoing review and improvement of AML/Monitoring and Reporting controls (Policies, Processes, Systems).
- Prepare timely reports for management on any suspicious activity identified and confirmed during and, at the after the shift period in line with the Monitoring process and as may be required from time to time.
- Proper record maintenance for reference, regulatory review, and Audit purposes.
- Staying abreast of business & industry trends, and best practices especially in the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing space.
- Supporting the implementation of the MTN group compliance management strategy and framework as it relates to Mobile Financial Services (MFS).
- Timely response to Adhoc requests as may be required from time.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology/ Systems, Computer science, Computer/ electronic engineering, Business statistics or related field with at least two years’ technology and/or risk management fields.
- Foundation computer programming skills to support scenario scripting.
- AML&CFT training including Certifications will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Money laundering Risks and Regulations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of one year’s relevant AML experience in identification of Suspicious Activity in large complex environments.
- Previous experience with financial services companies especially in alternative channels e.g., digital/mobile banking, mobile money.
- Able to analyze large volumes of data using data analytical tools e.g., ACL or SQL or Excel.
- Previous experience with 24/7 Network Operations Monitoring.
MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.