a) CAP 01 /2022: Chief Executive Officer – 01 POSITION
Reports to Board of Directors
Main Job Purpose:
To provide overall direction and leadership to ensure the Company vision, mission, strategic goals are met; to act as the link between the Board of Directors and the staff while ensuring that objectives are implemented; to serve as the Principal Officer for the Company ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
1. Ensure the strategic plan is developed, communicated and implemented to realise the company mission, vision that adheres to the agreed budgets and corporate values and implement and communicate the policies, strategies and decisions adopted by the board.
2. Provide visionary leadership and technical support to the Management, staff and Board of Directors.
3. Establishment of highly collaborative relationship management with all key policy makers, and stakeholders.
4. Spearhead the Risk and Compliance framework, ensure adherence and enforce the risk management and internal controls strategy.
5. Ensure the organisational infrastructure, staffing and funding requirements support the anticipated growth.
6. Acts as the Spokesperson of the Company effectively managing communication with all the stakeholders and represent the organisation in all forums
7. Promote the highest standards/culture of integrity, ethics, diversity and inclusion and corporate social responsibility.
8. Develop a robust captive company
• A Business related bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree in related field from a recognised university is an added advantage
Must be an Associate or Member of Chartered Institute of Insurance UK (ACII) or Equivalent as required by law
Minimum of 10 (ten) years’ relevant experience in the Insurance sector with at least eight (8) years at leadership level in a similar organisation
The candidate should be between the ages 35-55
1. Excellent communication and presentation skills
2. Problem solving skills
3. Excellent interpersonal skills
4. Leadership skills
5. Good negotiation skills
6. Good analytical skills
7. Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
8. Understanding of the working environment of the industry (competitors)
9. Technical competence in insurance
10.Basic knowledge of regulations of the insurance industry
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience and desire to make a difference, then apply immediately and send hard copies of your application letter, a detailed CV, a recommendation letter, copies of academic and professional certificates, names of 3 referees and a day time telephone contact to:
The Director Human Resources
National Water & Sewerage Corporation
P.O. BOX 7053 Kampala
Plot 3, Nakasero Road
Submission Deadline: Application letters together with the supporting relevant documentation must be submitted to/at the above address by 5:00pm on Monday 28th/March/2022.
Applicants are advised that we reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures.
Unsolicited canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.