VALIDITY PERIOD: 24/03/2022 – 08/04/2022
DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE
POSITION: CREDIT ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Credit Analyst is a member of the Credit Department and is responsible for credit underwriting and credit administration roles under the Central Underwriting Unit. He/She is responsible for accurate analysis of loan proposal and credit authorisation or recommendation, in compliance with FINCA Uganda’s policies and procedures.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing, validating and polishing of loan proposals in consultation with the branch team, as assigned by the Credit Administration Manager.
- Presenting loan proposals to the Credit Administration Manager, ensuring that they are appropriately assessed and compliant to FINCA Uganda’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the loan decisions and recommendations are appropriate in terms of loan amount, structuring, eligibility criteria in respect to FINCA Uganda exclusion list, completeness and accuracy of personal business, security and financial information.
- Doing pre-approval check listing of the loan proposals to confirm completeness and compliance to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Evaluating clients’ credit data, financial statements and savings records in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them.
- Evaluating the financial status of prospective borrowers by preparing and providing appropriate comments as to the significance of to the outcomes of financial analysis and ratios, using standard financials templates available.
- Preparing detailed write-up for loan proposals to the Credit Administration Manager, Management Credit Committee or the Board Credit Committee depending on the approval limit.
- Undertaking risk analysis and exercise proper judgement in the face of the assessed risk, before authorizing or proposing loan proposals, always ensuring to safeguard FINCA from credit risk.
- Responsible for quality of credit underwriting and overall loan portfolio quality for branches allocated.
- Ensuring fast Turn-Around Time for loan decisions logged to the Central Underwriting Unit, and along the whole loan process continuum, end-to-end for the branches allocated.
- Excellent at Employee Engagement.
- Result Orientated.
- Good at collaboration.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- High level of numeracy, analytical and statistical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Good multitasking capabilities and being a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of FINCA Uganda business and the general local financial market.
- Good business acumen, knowledge of the market and ability to align work with strategic goals.
- Must have Integrity, ability to inspire the trust of others.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, and Business Administration, Statistics or any other business related course.
- 2 year’s work experience as a Credit Supervisor or 1 year as a Branch Manager within Banking or Microfinance Industry.
- Any professional qualification and / or an MBA is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional / academic certificates to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 7th April 2022