CABI is an international not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment. CABI is an intergovernmental organization that can trace its origins back to 1910. Our 48 member countries guide and influence our core areas of work, which include International Development and Publishing.
Internship- Research Assistant
The intern will work closely with the CABI team and partners and lead in implementing project research activities in identified research areas under the guidance of the project manager.
- Contribute livestock expertise to ensure joint crop-livestock actions create added value and/or cost efficiencies
- Gather and analyse clinic data, data flow and carry out activities to understand the added value of data, and how data management processes and roles may be optimized
- Participate in project monitoring activities including stakeholder meetings
- Analyse and document findings and lessons learned in suitable format as agreed, including writing stories from the field
- Support in training needs assessment, organising and executing project training activities with partners
- Support implementation of other CABI projects
- Contribute to publication(s) of journal paper and/or study brief
- Provide financial and administrative support to projects
- Participate in project activity budgeting, making payments to partners and compiling accountabilities
- Support planning and coordination of workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Be enrolled for a Msc degree in Veterinary medicine, Animal production or any other related field;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Qualitative and quantitative methods, data collection and management;
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Unquestionable Integrity;
- Good organisational skills;
- Able to work independently and remain focussed;
- Ability to interact and work with communities in rural settings;
- Ability to deliver within strict deadlines.
CABI is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or marital status. No applicant will be disadvantaged by conditions which cannot be shown to be justified and selection will be based on merit.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 31st March, 2022.