Job Title: HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT AND RISK (1 Position)
Department:Audit and Compliance Department
Reports To:AUDIT COMMITTEE OF THE BOARD (REPORTS TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR ON DAY-TO-DAY WORK)
Job Summary & Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To manage the planning, execution, reporting and follow-up of internal audit and risk management function (financial, operational, business process and compliance reviews, and run the daily operations of the Internal Audit and Risk Department so as to add value to UCDA through improved operations and internal controls.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal controls and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
2. Meet with senior management to understand the Organization’s risks and develop an internal audit plan for approval by the Board.
3. Meet with senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board to provide status updates and summaries of internal audit reviews.
4. Coordinate with the external auditors to evaluate and assess operational and financial accounting issues and reporting.
5. Develop departmental budgets and resource requirements, and work plans and monitor their implementation.
6. Review and document business processes identifying the key risks and mitigating controls.
7. Carry out performance, forensic, quality assurance and IT audits to ensure all round provision of internal audit services and value for money.
8. Enforce compliance with the Authority’s internal control systems and international accounting standards.
9. Ensure minimum fraud and other regularities through streamlining of systems.
10. Manage and coach the Audit and Risk team to retain high calibre staff for better delivery of services.
11. Prepare internal audit reports and reconciliation that may be required from time to time.
Qualification, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Finance and Accounting, or Business Administration, or Commerce (with a bias in Accounting) from a recognised University.
2. Full professional qualification in Accountancy or Audit obtained from a recognized Institution/body accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU).
3. Member of the institute of certified Public Accountants of Uganda.
4. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification, and Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will be added advantage.
5. Possession of any additional qualifications like CISA, CFE, and VFM will be an added advantage.
1. A minimum of ten (10) years working experience, five (5) years of which should have been served at the level of Head of Internal audit in Government or, an equivalent level of Audit work experience from a reputable organization.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
1. Knowledgeable about International Accounting and Auditing Standards.
2. Able to develop and maintain an internal audit strategy and provide an objective and effective evaluation of opinions on effectiveness of risk management, control and governance arrangement.
3. Able to identify and evaluate elements of governance and risk management in an organisation.
4. Has thorough grasp of processes, procedures, skills and competencies required in leading an Internal Audit team.
5. Has thorough knowledge of Local laws / legislations and regulations.
6. Is able to interpret and apply Chart of Accounts, and to interpret and analyze financial statements and related schedules.
7. Must be innovative and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills, good leadership skills, decision making skills, problem solving, and communication skills.
How to Apply
- Follow the following link below to access the available positions: https://mis.ugandacoffee.go.ug/cportal/career
- To be able to apply for a particular position, you are required to first signup before applying for the vacancy. In case you had already registered, simply log in with the credentials you created
- Identify the vacancy that interests you and click “Apply for this Vacancy”
- Fill the Application Form and follow the prompts accordingly
- Upload Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates as a single document of maximum size 2MB, in Portable Document Format (pdf).
In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the deadline for applications is 5th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.