These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
Line management of assigned any project digital project staff
Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
Contribute to innovation and digital strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
Manage and implement delegated portfolio of innovation and digital projects (activities, budget, and project documentation) as delegated from HOP in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
Provide regular progress reports to HOP
Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Develop, coordinate, market and deliver an integrated Digital Innovation Programme by operationalizing NRC’s digital innovation hub for urban refugee populations to support digital innovation and learning.
- Lead the implementation of NRC’s 2-way communication and interactive mechanism with beneficiaries.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the flow and script for information provision via calls or messages (including bulk messaging), and other forms of automated access to information.
- Establish and monitor service provision through key performance indicators (e.g. response time, satisfaction)
- Support the implementation of NRC Uganda Education digital innovation pilot in the urban refugee co mmunities.
- Lead the scoping, thematic, mapping, and other research pieces related to digital literacy, online safety, and digital wellness as it applies to displacement and conflict affected youth
- Facilitate Design thinking sessions with Youth to discover, design, validate and deliver appropriate programmes that respond to their digital citizenship needs
- Ensure high quality, timely, and relevant data collection, analysis, visualization, and dissemination of findings with relevant stakeholders
- Quality assure outputs commissioned for the hub such as research reports
- Document innovation case studies from across the hub as part of the education digital innovation pilot and share lessons from hub stakeholders widely across the sector.
- Support the partnerships development process from various digital and innovation spaces
- Supervise and improve existing procedures for remote engagement with people in need
- Provide weekly, monthly, and triannual reports
- Promote the rights of !DPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning: Core Competence Specialists
- Area operations: Area Programme Managers, Support and project CC Coordinators (field office coordinators)
- Staff capacity building: CC Specialist s, HR Development Officer
- Implementation: CC Specialists, Digital and Innovation Team
5 years’ experience from working a digital innovation project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
High level of familiarity with innovation processes, agile development, technology, digital transformation, and digital platforms
Familiarity and experience in adopting human centred design, system thinking and design thinking methodologies
Good knowledge of innovation and technology including their opportunities and risks, ideally through the lens of ICT4D
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling sensitive environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect, including with vulnerable groups of people