Ministry/Department- Ministry Of Public Service
Post- PERSONAL SECRETARY [SPECIAL GRADE]
Reference- HRM 56/70/01
Minimum Age- 21
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies (B.SES) or its equivalent from a recognized University. Applicants should be in possession of Computer skills using several packages like word processing, spread sheets and data base management.
The following qualifications and skills are an added advantage: Knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopiers and audio equipment.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Personal Secretary for performing the following duties:-
– In conjunction with relevant officers, drawing up and monitoring appointments and programmes;
– Taking dictation, transcribing and presenting accurate and error free work.
– Attending to callers, either in person or on telephone;
– Ensuring timely responses to inquiries and correspondences to and from the Office;
– Receiving incoming mail and supervising the dispatch of outgoing mail;
– Organizing meetings, taking minutes and conveying decisions of such meetings to the relevant Officers/Offices;
– Ensuring that relevant documents for meetings and speeches are produced on time and properly organized;
– Drafting letters of routine nature ;
– Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office;
– Managing records in accordance with established security and records management procedures;
– Requisitioning and Managing office stationery and equipment;
– Supervising the Secretarial and support personnel for the office;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time;
How to apply
Apply online at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/Advert/Details/4730