With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Principal Pensions Officer
Report to: People and Culture Director
Location: Kampala – National Office
Advert Start Date: 21st March 2022
Advert End Date: 28th March 2022
Purpose of the position:
To provide strategic leadership in effective management, control and administration of the affairs of the Scheme on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
The position is responsible for timely response to members and service providers queries and assisting the Board of Trustees in scheme compliance and supervising service providers of the Scheme and ensuring timely payments of retirement benefits to exiting members, replicating of member statements, making returns to regulatory authorities.
Member Registration and Benefits Administration
- Oversee the registration of members World Vision Uganda Staff Provident Fund in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate membership records.
- Liaise with World Vision Uganda to ensure contributions are made, and the supporting schedules are submitted to the Scheme and reconciled by the Administrator timely.
- Process payment applications for retirement benefits and any other claims in accordance with the law and scheme rules & regulations.
Member data maintenance, Documentation and Compliance
- Manage the Scheme’s activities and programmes in compliance with the Trust Deed, Scheme Rules, and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Submit statutory reports/information to the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority and Uganda Revenue Authority as required
- Ensure scheme Document are well filed and archived
- Retrieving records upon request by the Staff and Board of Trustees
- Collecting members’ and beneficiaries’ records on the scheme database
- Maintain scheme records both in soft and in hard copy
Facilitating payments from scheme
- Issuing notices for board meetings, attending, taking minutes and follow up on action items
- Ensure that all quarterly reports are prepared and dispatched to Trustees in good time
- Organize and call for annual general meetings or special/ extraordinary meetings of the Scheme,
- Avail the required data of the Scheme to the other service providers appointed by The Trustees to enable the preparation of the statutory returns to the Authority;
- Ensuring that discharge forms for payment and approvals are done from the scheme following due process.
- Ensure that verification and facilitation of timely payment of service providers’ fees, trustee remunerations, consultancy fees and withdrawal/retirement benefits payment.
- Responding to members/ stakeholders of the scheme on email, phone and when inquiries are forwarded to the Board of Trustees.
- Advising Staff on retirement benefits, especially the ones who are exiting the service of the World Vision.
- Maintaining good service providers’ relationship for a smooth working relationship
- Assisting service providers in delivering service
Meetings and Reports
- Receive the reports from the Fund Managers, Custodian, and Administrator, and ensure that the reports are analyzed and comply with the established criteria.
- Management of the Schemes’ activities and programmes.
- Assisting Board of Trustees in the arrangement for AGM
- Representative of the scheme in stakeholder interactions
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or Accounting or any other relevant degree
- Post Graduate qualification in Financial Management is desirable
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing retirement or pension schemes
- Computer literate with strong numerical ability/excel skills.
- Familiarity with Saving schemes and portfolios desirable.
- Strong conceptual and Analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Customer oriented focus
- Demonstrable integrity.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only