Job Title: Recruitment and Training Officer
Organisation: Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE)
Duty Station: Uganda. The Recruitment and Training officer will share his/her working time (Mon to Fri) as follows: 40% in Kampala main office and 60% within the allocated districts, including overnight stay.
Languages: English, Luo, Lango or Alur (West Nile) or Rukonjo
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social enterprise based in Uganda. HE specializes in the implementation of last mile distribution models of reliable health products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people living in hard to reach and remote areas.
HE is implementing its franchise model by recruiting, training, and distributing to more than 4000 Community Health Entrepreneurs (our customers) in 30 districts of Uganda today. We are growing towards a network of 20.000 customers, serving 95% of rural Uganda by 2024.
If you would like to make difference in the lives of many, Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda offers you a unique professional opportunity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and selection of new Community Health Entrepreneurs (CHEs)
- To introduce and present the Healthy Entrepreneurs concept to potential CHEs, district officials, local council officials and partner organizations.
- Build mature relationships with District Health Officials and other local stakeholders.
- To train partner organizations to identify, inform and screen potential CHEs.
- To manage the recruitment process of new CHEs at various stages.
- To interview, assess and select new potential CHEs joining the network.
- To find new methods and technologies to improve recruitment and present recommendations to management.
- To develop effective training programs for (new) staff as per the goals and objectives of Healthy Entrepreneurs and train and mentor new colleagues.
Training of new Community Health Entrepreneurs
- To conduct Healthy Entrepreneurs training programs according to the HE formats, needs of our customers, guidelines set by Ministry of Health and meet the set training targets.
- To design and expand training programs based on the needs of Healthy Entrepreneurs and our customers.
- To amend and revise organization and customer training programs to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
- To assist managers and fellow trainers to solve training problems encountered
- To find new methods and technologies to improve training in a workplace and presenting recommendations to management
Planning and reporting
- To plan and coordinate the recruitment and training activities for new districts and counties and Community Health Entrepreneurs.
- Work closely with other departments within HE, especially with Sales & Customer Service
- To consider the costs of planned training programs and keep within available budgets.
- To calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) of the trained customers by assessing their understanding and implementation of the Healthy Entrepreneurs model.
- To monitor and review the progress of the trained customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Social Work, Education, Health or Sales Related fields, or alternatively a Diploma in Pharmacy / Nursing/Clinical medicine.
- At least two years of working experience in Health, Social works, Sales, or Human Resources Management, Education and Training or Psychology.
- Experience in Health, Medical or Pharmaceutical fields is recommended.
- Relevant experience with recruitment and training of adults; preferably in remote areas will be an advantage.
- Experience working with VHTs at district level and knowledge of the VHT curriculum is an advantage.
- Fluency in one (or more) of the following languages: Luo, Lango or Alur (West Nile) or Rukonjo
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of computer software (ERPs, Excel reporting, MS Office)
- Knowledge in medical and/or pharmaceutical fields will be an advantage.
- The future candidate should have a good understanding of the concept of social enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Presentation and training skills are required
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work well with the team and motivate customers to change their attitudes where necessary.
- Initiative, proactive, motivated, and energetic and innovative mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Very good team player, yet able to work independently
- Organizational and planning skills to manage your time and activities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask to enable you to effectively manage training schedules.
- Interest in continuous learning and development to improve individual knowledge and skills.
- Transparent and trustworthy.
How to Apply:
All prospective employees should send their updated CVs and motivation letter asap to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th April 2022