Title: RESEARCH ENUMERATORS- PLAYMATTERS (8 Positions in Imvepi)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Wage: UGX 100,000 per day
Reports to: Research Coordinator-PlayMatters
Contract Duration: 2 Months
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
The objective of the Job
The Research Enumerators’ main responsibility is to attain consent from research participants, seek assent from children after getting permission from their caregivers to be able to collect quality data from the participants with accuracy, empathy, and while always observing confidentiality. Data will be collected with an electronic tablet using the CommCare application. The Research Enumerators will make sure that collected data will be properly stored by the Research Coordinator-PlayMatters.
Position in the organization and essential functional relations
The Research Enumerators report to the Research Coordinator-PlayMatters.
Other essential working relations include Regional Research Manager, Project Support Officer, Project Officers and other project staff.
Roles and responsibilities
- To participate in training organized by the WCH Play Matters Research team and practice to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out the data collection.
- To identify households and study participants who will be selected for the various data collection techniques.
- To approach individuals in the community and the selected households, to request their participation in the PM formative study.
- To administer informed consent to the targeted respondents.
- Seek consent from targeted caregivers for their children to participate in the study and also seek assent from children if they like to participate.
- Conduct observations, in-depth interviews and focus group discussions with children following the set prescribed guidelines.
- Liaise with the Supervisor on reporting issues to ensure understanding and to maintain accuracy.
- Record additional data from these conversations by taking notes.
- Complete the number of observations, interviews and focus group discussions required per working day
- Work within a team and have a professional and ethical attitude towards all the research stakeholders (upholding child safeguarding principles at all times).
- Use feedback provided by supervisors positively to improve data collection quality.
- Fill in the timesheets detailing the level of effort per day worked and submit to supervisor.
- Ensure compliance to WCH performance standards, considerations for consent and privacy of the research participants, code of conduct, and safeguarding policy.
- Able and willing to travel with other research assistants in Imvepi refugee settlement (transport is provided).
- Attend and participate in meetings when needed.
- Able to work on weekends
Any other duties as assigned by the Research Coordinator-PlayMatters in fulfillment of the tasks.
Qualifications, Experiences & Skills;
- Should possess an Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate degree in any of the following fields: Social sciences, Social Work and Administration, Community Psychology, Economics and Statistics, Education, Development studies, or any other related fields.
- Background in working with the refugees in Uganda especially doing household data collection will be of an added advantage.
- Should have experience and skills in conducting observations, in-depth interviews and focus group discussions
- Experience using computers, tablets, and other mobile data collection apps like CommCare, ODK, survey CTO, and Kobo Collect.
- Should know MS Excel, and MS Word applications (if you have experience with mobile/online data collection tools, please indicate).
- Should have skills (listening, writing, reading, speaking) in at least one of the two following languages commonly used in Imvepi refugee settlement, that is Bari and Congolese Swahili.
- Experience in data- or records management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research, and transcription of data is desirable.
- Previous work with an NGO on a similar is desirable and an added advantage.Key Requirements.
- Willing to reside within or near Imvepi Refugee Settlement during the period of data collection.
- Recommendation letter from the Chairperson Refugee Welfare Council or Local Council 1.
- Photocopy of refugee identification card or attestation card or National ID for Ugandans.
- Ability to speak and write English and at least one of the following languages: Bari, Congolese, Swahili.
- Demonstrated respect for diversity and knowledge of refugee rights is desirable.
The post Research enumerators, Playmatters ( 8 Positions) – War Child Holland appeared first on O4UG.