dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of CRB Officer in our CEO domain to support our expansion strategy.
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will be responsible for coordinating Credit Reference Bureau Services at the bank such as providing timely and accurate information on borrowers’ debt profile and repayment history to mitigate risk and losses to the Bank as per Bank of Uganda Guidelines.
- Provide Regular guidance and training to all staff involved in the sharing and use of credit data through the Credit Reference Bureau.
- Monthly CRB data submissions to all the Credit Bureaus and verification of data accuracy before the final submission on the 10th of every month as per Bank of Uganda rules and regulations.
- Generate periodic reports on data quality including a review of the data success rates, rejected records and any other irregularities for discussion with the Senior Manager Credit support and Control.
- Submit Monthly reports to Risk for further review and Bank of Uganda Monthly monitoring submission report.
- Ensure full functionality of the FCS/CRB systems in all branches; break down issues by contacting /coordinating repairs by the Bureaus, ensure that clients obtain their cards with no hitches to avoid reputational issues.
- Coordinate and assist in the timely resolution of all disputes/queries from clients and the Bureaus regarding wrong data submitted to the CRB – forward response to Manager Credit Bureau for review and onward communication to the bureaus.
- Monthly reconciliation of both the Financial Card (FCS) and Credit enquiry (CRB Search) accounts within agreed timelines.
- Receive invoices and prepare general payments to the CRB service providers in time to avoid penalties.
- Track aged outstanding items by liaising with the concerned parties to ensure that all are resolved within prescribed timeframes.
- Identify exceptions/suspicious transactions and escalate them to the Line Manager in a timely manner. Ensure conformity to Operational Guidelines.
- Represent the bank in the various Central bank and Uganda Bankers Association Credit Bureau committees and periodic meetings.
- Initiate improvements on the data quality through a number of checks, undertake data clean up, follow up on issues raised from data review meetings, audit queries, and SLAs with service providers.
- Closure of all expired letters of credit and guarantees, extraction and weekly circulation of reports.
- Closure of all paid off credit facilities, extraction and weekly circulation of reports.
- Extract and Circulate loans with credit balance monthly for corrective action and reporting and ensuring any breaches are attended to and escalated accordingly.
- Clean-up of Open Accounts on the Bureau with no updates in the submissions.
- Take remedial action for all Pending Accounts on the Bureau.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A University degree in Business Administration or in any other relevant field.
- Good understanding of Banking operations and systems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Banking.
- A good understanding of Bank Credit policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Banks products proffered.
- Computer literacy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Self-driven with high affinity for quality, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent understanding of the Banking Act and prudential guidelines.
- Good knowledge of Banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems.
- Good understanding of Legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to Lending and Credit documentation.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Tuesday 19th April 2022 to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.