Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a CPIMS-Officer, to be based in Nyakabande Field Office. The Child Protection Information Management System Officer is expected to help build a high performing case management programme for SCI Emergency Response in Uganda, through coordination with the Country Office CP and key partner agencies at field level.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and with technical support from Child Protection Specialist, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day to day collection of field data and inputting data into CPIMS. The role of the CPIMS Officer is to support the collection of child protection data in DRC refugees settlements/Transit Centres and support data management. S/he will enter FTR field data collected by the child protection team, conduct spot checks to ensure quality and detailed data is provided and entered into the database.
He/she will be responsible for the implementation of quality individual case management as a maor deliverable. He/she will work to ensure case workers are well supported, have their cases reviewed and that processes involved are well adhered to and in confidence.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, statistics, Social Sciences or Social Work
- Additional training in biostatistics or professional data management courses, MIS and DHIS2, is an added advantage;
- Minimum of one years’ working experience with humanitarian, child-focused (preferably an International or national NGO);
- Knowledge of social research methods with experience with data analysis and management
- Computer literacy, Microsoft office, especially word, excel, access and other relevant computer packages including the use of email communication. An excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Knowledge and experience of working in humanitarian emergencies and specifically in Western Uganda is an added advantage.
- Possess high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on April 19, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
The post Child Protection Information Management Systems Officer, Nyakabande appeared first on O4UG.