TO THE ATTENTION OF EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
External candidates must be legally present in Uganda at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Ugandan citizens are required to submit a valid Ugandan residence permit to be considered.
Your application will NOT be considered if;
– The application form is not duly filled.
– The questionnaire at the end of the application form is not answered. (for external candidates)
– A valid residence permit is not attached to the application. (for non-Ugandan external candidates only) Senior Finance Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Finance Associate is normally supervised by the (Senior) Finance Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor.
The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent normally supervises some support staff.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Oversees the processing of financial transactions and reconciliations in line with relevant policies and procedures.
– Provide financial reports as per financial guidelines and when required.
– Maintain ledgers and accounting records for classification and recording of financial transactions and for the reconciliation of accounts and preparation of recurring or special reports.
– Ensure timely and accurate calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff members, experts and consultants, vendors and other claimants.
– Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
– Prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
– Ensure reconciliation of cash books with bank statements.
– Maintain liaison with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
– Assist colleagues in all aspects of accounts maintenance and budget control by providing reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Finance; Business Administration; Accounting;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications. Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
*IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. The monthly net salary is between UGX 7,063,830 and UGX 9,221,750 depending on relevant experience, dependency status and language proficiency. For more information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations. ¿The closing date of the job opening is 24 April 2022