Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda jointly with Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) are implementing a Skills Attitude Governance and Anti-Corruption project. The 5 million EUR is financed under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). The project seeks to make Uganda’s business environment more conducive to inclusive and green investments through increasing the supply of qualified workers, establishing private sector led initiatives to fight corruption and strengthening the private-public sector dialogue.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You put in place a monitoring system of the results of the SG+ Project in order for the intervention to have all necessary information to follow-up performance, to support strategic decision making, in order to render accounts of results achieved and to generate the necessary data for evaluation, action research and knowledge building.
- You co-ordinate and ensure monitoring results (data collection and data analysis) in order to provide each indicator with information and to be able to use the information to follow-up performance, to support strategic decision making and to report on results, and to promote reflection and learning.
- You advise the Intervention Manager on decision making, planning and monitoring activities in order to support intervention management in accordance with the management for results principles.
- You support the capacity of PSFU in the management and of development results inorder to promote a results-oriented culture and ensure that management for results becomes a common responsibility in order for the SG+ project to be recognised for its results.
- You network with other M&E Experts of Enabel and other organisations in order to continuously learn, share lessons learned, remain informed of recent Monitoring and Evaluation evolutions and adopt an innovative attitude.
- You facilitate capacity development of partner entities in order to improve monitoring of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff competences.
Follow the Link to access the full job details: http://gofile.me/6QZru/27ocv7UXN
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Quantitative Economics, Statistics or any other related fields in Monitoring and Evaluation but a must in a research related area ;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the management of M&E and knowledge management activities at an organisation level;
- At least 3 years’ experience in evaluation methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Professional experience in designing and implementing knowledge management strategies, preferably in the context of development programmes.
- Experience in monitoring skilling projects and private sector stakeholders would be an advantage;
- Expertise in developing and implementing data-collection instruments, re- porting and learning exercises (evaluation, action research, knowledge building).
- Knowledge in data management, statistics and digitalization like polling platforms, ODK, Kobo and project management software
- Experience in organizational capacity building and / or training on monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience with survey and indicator development and results-based management practices ;
- Tech-savvy with strong knowledge in the use of analytical software, data bases and good IT skills (MS Office).
- You are knowledgeable about system approaches and Logical Framework.
You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- An exciting and varied learning experience in an international environment and warm team.
- Following this publication, a three-year recruitment reserve is established for any similar position. The first position is scheduled to start between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 7,000,000 and UGX 8,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
- Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the on-line application link below:
Follow this link to apply on-line: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Apply ON-LINE at the latest by Friday 22nd April,2022 at 11:59 pm (EAT)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.