The Emperor Hotel is an Oasis of cool and green with a secure environment ideally located in the heart of Naalya offering a standard class of serene hospitality ranging from Accommodation, dinning, swimming, steam and sauna.
Job Summary: This is not a fast food restaurant, but an elegant setting for fresh, healthy, and uniquely styled food presentations. We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers. The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. This would be someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in such an environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly. Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays. Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience. Guests should walk away not only with their palate satisfied, but with a pleasant memory of their time with us. Family and friends are not expected to drop in for a chat with you unless appropriately dressed and be sitting down for full service from the menu. Who will support the hotel in its kitchen department management? He/ she will work closely with the hotel manager and the director and will render and efficient and effective operation of the Hotel kitchen. He/ She will ensure compliance with the Emperor hotel Policies and Procedures, guidelines and rules. His/her will be reporting to the hotel manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and china.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about
- Portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,
- Regular order pad, or by memorization.
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drinks.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate. This may be when they
- Notice the art on the tables or wall and ask about it. Learn from the
- Information slips ahead of time so you can speak knowledgeably and then refer
- them to the Gallery itself.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages (when this becomes part of the café’s
- Selections, and you are not sure the person is old enough.)
- Meet with the Head Cook to review daily specials, changes on the menu
- and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Effectively, dynamically and professionally lead a kitchen staff by inspiring their confidence and motivating them to consistently Perform their duties according to the highest standards
- Support the dining team in a professional manner, providing an environment for employees where they consistently feel valued and respected
- Under the supervision of the Manager advises on a yearly budget for approval, documents and reports monthly on spending for the meals operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g.
- Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent handwriting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well
- In a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Extremely high personal hygiene, hair, teeth, fingernails, etc., and
- Attractively dressed or possibly in uniform.
- Flexibility to work in shifts
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
The Emperor Hotels Ltd,
Plot 1863/5 P.O Box 10737 Naalya. Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org