Position: 4 Field Officer
Category: Full – time Employee
Reports to: Senior Field Officer
Location: Palabek- Lamwo, Uganda
To facilitate and supervise the implementation of Seed Effect activities in the Savings for Life Program, Educative trainings program and Spiritual Discipleship program
SFL Field Officer will lead savings groups under his/her supervision through 3 phases of the savings cycle using the Savings for Life Methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Represent the SFL program in the community
• Assist with the pre-orientation meetings with the local community and church leaders to gain interest within the community
• Sensitize community with activities and progress of the operation
• Attends all settlements and community meetings respectively in area of operation and provide feedback
• SFL Methodology
• Participate in training in SFL methodology
• Participate in selection and training of Village Agents (VAs) in SFL methodology and implementation
• Conduct refresher trainings to Village Agents
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Ongoing capacity building of V As in SFL methodology and implementation
• Supervise Village Agents by attending group meetings where they are training
• SFL data gathering for all groups under his/her responsibility
• Fills out monthly MIS forms and assist the data manager in completing online MIS forms for reporting
• Fills out monthly or quarterly reports covering information of savings groups’ performance and Village Agents’ performance in the FO’s zone
• Preparation of periodic operational plans
• Assists Manager in preparations for field visits
• Timely submission of accurate periodic report to supervisor
• Ensure groups become independent and are able of ran their own activity with of it support of Seed Effect Uganda
• Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate commitment to Seed Effect’s mission to serve as a holistic tool to live out the Great Commission alongside the Great Commandment as we empower the poor to know and follow Christ, plug into the local church, and overcome physical poverty.
• Should have bachelor’s or Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science and Social works or Education
• Should have at least 2 years’ experience in field work, working with community or in s’. tilar position with local or international NGOs within the region
• Ability to demonstrate servant leadership skills
• Living in community and speaking local language (Ability to speak Luo (Acholi/Lango), Arabic is necessity.
• Respected by local people and leaders
• Should have basic computer and accounting skills
• Must be proficient in Riding with a valid riding license
• Should have experience in conducting training
• Should have an eye for detail, good organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to lead a team, and an experienced teacher or facilitator
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Seed Effect Uganda is inviting all qualified candidates to submit their applications and updated resume, present positions, copies of transcripts/ certificates, valid riding permit (Field Officer and Senior Field Officer) and address of three (3) referees plus day time contact to;
Human Resource Office, Seed Effect Uganda,
P.O Box 209, Adjumani Uganda
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our Offices- (we have offices in Adjumani, Moyo, Arua, Yumbe)
• All online Applications should have all documents attached in one pdf and the position applied for should be the subject.
• All candidates MUST submit a recent recommendation letter from the church plus contact of a spiritual mentor (one ofthe 3 references must be a spiritual mentor)
• All candidates applying for Field Positions MUST submit a valid riding permit.
• Seed Effect Uganda is an equal opportunity employer, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted shall be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Office Assistants should submit their application to the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) Palabek, Lamwo.
Deadline: Tuesday 12th April 2022