Position: Senior Field Officer
Category: Full – time Employee
Reports to: Branch Coordinator
Location: Palabek- Lamwo, Uganda
The Senior Field Officer supervises all the activities of the Field officers and provides leadership to them through coaching, advising, guiding and sharing best practices.
She/ he facilitates the implementation of Seed Effect activities in the Savings for Life Program, Educative trainings program and Spiritual Discipleship program
She/ he leads savings groups under his/her supervision through 3 phases of savings cycle using the Savings for Life Methodology
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads and supervises the representation of the SFL program in the community
• Oversees pre-orientation meetings with the local community and church leaders to gain interest within the community
• Ensures all monthly settlement coordination, sector working groups and interagency meetings are attended by respective staff
• Program Implementation
• supervises in training in SFL methodology and all branch activities of the Field Officers
• Oversees the selection and training of Village Agents (VAs) in SFL methodology and implementation
• Plans, coordinates and organizes for supervision and appraisal through ensuring timely filling of monthly work schedule
• Preparation and submission of accurate activity reports timely
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Provides ongoing capacity building of Field Officers and Village Agents in SFL methodology and implementation
• Supervises Field Officers & Village Agents by attending group meetings where they are training
• Ensures accurate SFL data is gathered for all groups and investigates reasons for errors
• Ensures monthly MIS forms are filled and assist the data manager in timely and accurate completion of online MIS forms for reporting
• Fills out monthly or quarterly reports covering information of savings groups’ performance and Village Agents’ performance in the FO’ s zone
• Preparation of periodic operational plans, these include monthly use of work schedule
• Plans and organization for all field visit in coordination with the Branch Coordinator
• Timely submission of accurate periodic report to immediate supervisor
• Ensure groups become independent and are able of ran their own activity without support of Seed Effect Uganda
• International relation
• Support the Branch Coordinator in planning, coordination and organizing necessary requirement for success of donor or international planned visits
• Personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate cor6″mitment to Seed Effect’s mission to serve as a holistic tool to live out the Great Commission alongside the Great Commandment as we empower the poor to know and follow Christ, plug into the local church, and overcome physical poverty.
• Should have bachelor’s or Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science and Social works or Education
• Should have at least 3 years’ experience in field work, working with community or in similar position with local or international NGOs within the region
• Ability to demonstrate servant leadership skills
• Living in community and speaking local language
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• High positive reputation in the community
• Should have basic computer and counting skills
• Must be proficient in Riding with a valid motorbike driving license will be an added advantage
• Should have an eye for detail, good organizational skills, be self-motivated, able to lead a team, and an experienced teacher or facilitation.
How to apply
Seed Effect Uganda is inviting all qualified candidates to submit their applications and updated resume, present positions, copies of transcripts/ certificates, valid riding permit (Field Officer and Senior Field Officer) and address of three (3) referees plus day time contact to;
Human Resource Office, Seed Effect Uganda,
P.O Box 209, Adjumani Uganda
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our Offices- (we have offices in Adjumani, Moyo, Arua, Yumbe)
• All online Applications should have all documents attached in one pdf and the position applied for should be the subject.
• All candidates MUST submit a recent recommendation letter from the church plus contact of a spiritual mentor (one ofthe 3 references must be a spiritual mentor)
• All candidates applying for Field Positions MUST submit a valid riding permit.
• Seed Effect Uganda is an equal opportunity employer, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted shall be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Office Assistants should submit their application to the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) Palabek, Lamwo.
Deadline: Tuesday 12th April 2022.