The HIS Coordinator will be responsible to plan, develop and implement eHealth solutions for HIV, TB, PMTCT/EID, Community and Laboratory in Fort portal region. He will oversee the implementation national data quality standards and build capacity of project team and health workers to use eHealth systems for data capture, analysis, reporting and data use for decision making.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of eHealth Systems including UGANDAEMR, EMR POCs, ECHO, Lab MIS, Community systems, Activity Trackers.
- Develop and implement electronic tools or project dashboards to facilitate data collection, data analysis, reporting and data use for planning among staff and district health workers.
- Ensure proper backups for eHealth systems are maintained and regularly tested
- Oversees the development and implementation of HIS related user-training programs.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT related assets
- Assist in the testing, acquisition, installation, development and maintenance of computer hardware systems for health facilities and software packages. Work with all department managers and Key HIS Partners on the documentation and testing of updates and patches
- Prepare and ensure that Risk Control Self Assessment is conducted periodically for HIS unit.
- Identify, analyze and report occurred and potential user and/or system problems as well as coordinate with software vendor for solutions, including troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · Masters Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.· Experience working with ODK based software and SQL· Ability to set priorities, plan workload, meets deadlines and achieves the objectives through the efficient use of time
- · Experience working with dashboarding software (Power BI)
- · 3 years Hands-on experience in managing or troubleshooting UGANDAEMR (OPENMRS), LAN, Servers, computers and Information systems.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.