Agency for Community Empowerment (AFCE Uganda)
The Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd’s investment and distribution of power in Nine Service Territories covering over 74 Political Districts; it operates the Pole Treatment Plant at Lugogo, and also executes some Rural Electrification Schemes on behalf of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandan for the role of Senior Financial Accountant:
Are you a service driven individual with skills and high integrity? Then you MUST be the one we’re looking for to fill the above position.
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Reports to: Principal Financial Accountant
Supervises: Accounts Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala
Purpose of the job: to assure the integrity of the company financial data by continuously monitoring the general ledger and carrying out all required reconciliations and make the resultant adjustments to the accounting books of entry in a timely manner.
Key Result Areas:
- Post financial data accurately into the Financial Management Information System in a timely manner.
- Assure the accuracy of all recorded company revenue by carrying out monthly reconciliations to cash collected.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank and fuel reconciliations.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly reconciliation of General Ledger balances for debtors, creditors, inventory and taxes and propose adjustments accordingly.
- Identify risks to the integrity of the company financial data and recommend mitigation measures to Management.
- Provide support to the Manager, Financial Accounting in preparing and compiling documentation required during any internal or external review.
- Carryout physical verification periodically or as may be required by Management of all company fixed assets (including leased).
- Support the Principal Financial Accountant to manage the financial document management system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (BCOM), Business Administration (BBA) or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional Qualification with ACCA, CPA – at least Stage II.
- Relevant professional experience of 3 or more years in a reputable public or private organization
- Professional membership is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Sun System, Vision and MS Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Analytical & problem-solving skills,
- Good communication skills.
- Integrity & work ethics
- Committed team player
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 3rd February 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
For feedback write to info [at] afceug.org. Follow AFCE Uganda on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest news and articles from our Community Empowerment Blog. Thank you for your visit.