Will be required to provide quality nursing care to patients attending the Infections Disease Clinic – Mulago and assess clinical patient problems. Will provide translation services to the visiting medical doctors as may be required. Treat each patient with dignity and respect.
- Participate in identification of eligible participants at the outpatient clinics.
- Provide required study information to potential subjects prior to and during the consent process.
- Administer study questionnaires to participants recruited into the study.
- Conduct patient counselling and follow-up home visits as and when deemed necessary
- Identifies patient problems, documents pertinent information and assist patients in formulating plans for addressing problem areas.
- Follow and remain knowledgeable about the study standard operating procedures.
- Attend study team meetings as requested by the PI
- Maintain research documents according to mandatory Good Clinical Practice requirements.
- Treat each participant with dignity, respect and understanding in accordance with IDI’s philosophy
- Performs any other duties that may be reasonably necessary for carrying out the study protocol as directed by the study PI.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized education institution
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a clinical setting
- Additional training in HIV/AIDS
- Ability to communicate with patients in local language
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues
- Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
- Ability for team work