Performs testing in all areas of the laboratory. Demonstrates skill and knowledge on all laboratory test systems. Follows Good Laboratory Practices and quality requirements of the CoreLab.
- Performs laboratory tests on all scheduled benches as assigned according to current protocols, procedures and quality assurance requirements.
- Maintains a high level of precision and accuracy for all testing.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge on all laboratory test systems.
- Supports QIP program.
- Responds to technical and logistical problems encountered in the laboratory in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responds to and reports critical values in a timely manner to physicians and clinic staff.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance of laboratory equipment as required in a timely manner.
- Provides input as required for updating laboratory procedures and procedure manual.
- Prepares lab samples for shipment as needed.
- Meets or exceeds continuing education requirements for position.
- Assist with implementation of new study protocols, new instrumentation, new methodology and training as needed.
- Assists with training and problems solving as needed.
- Follows all laboratory procedures including safety guidelines, the use of personal protective equipment and awareness of blood-borne pathogens.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a cooperative attitude in relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
- Meets or exceeds quality assurance levels of the laboratory and collaboration.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations.
- Serves as an effective representative to physicians, nurses, counsellors and visitors in a courteous and empathic manner.
- Follows laboratory and collaboration polices.
- Uses all facilities and supplies with care and in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist or carry out other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager or Lab Management
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology of four years of related Medical Laboratory Technology training.
- Certification/registration eligible as a Medical Technologist is required.
- One year working experience is preferred.
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office Software (such as Word, Excel, Power Point…etc) is an added advantage.
The post Graduate Trainee – Laboratory Technologist (2 Positions) appeared first on O4UG.