Duty Station: Arua, Uganda, with regular field travel
Contract Terms: 2 years renewable
Reporting to: Grants Partnership and Compliance Manager
Key Relationships: Head of Program, Project Director, Project Manager, Regional coordinators, Implementing Partners, Finance, and Administration Manager.
Management Responsibility: None
Position summary: The Grants Partnership and Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing and providing support to project teams and partners to ensure effective grant management, reporting and full compliance with WCC global and in-country internal policies, rules, procedures as well and donor requirements.
- Work with and Head of Finance (HOFO) and the Programs team in the preparation of budgets and budgets narrative for new projects. and Project revisions
Project Budget Management, Compliance and Financial Reporting:
- Develop and use tools to maintain/track compliance with donor and WCC policies and regulations.
- Monitor regional, partners’ expenditure, overall project budget/spending, cost allocations and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Ensure completeness and archiving of all financial reporting supporting documents, such as invoices, vouchers, receipts, proof of payments/
Contract and Grant Administration:
- Review all grants agreements signed between WCC and donors and enforce donor policies, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor up-to-date project report tracking system, and assist project and program teams in the development and timely submission of quality internal and donor reports.
- Responsible for project’s grant compliance and risk management.
- Ensure proper contract and project administration, proper record keeping, documentation and electronic and hard-copy files, for all donor contracts, including proposals and annexes, budgets, any amendment requests and approvals, correspondence, reports, audit, and close-outs.
- Work closely with and support the logistics and operation teams to ensure that all procurement, management and disposal of projects equipment, goods and assets are managed in full compliance with War Child Canada internal and donor policies, regulations, rules, and requirements.
Partnership Management: –
- Work with Program team to provide financial management support, guidance, and oversight to partner organizations to ensure successful sub-award management and compliance, implementation, and close-out of sub-awards.
- Support the process of the development of partnerships with local partners including pre-award assessments, the drafting of partnership agreements and monitoring plans to mitigate financial and compliance risks, ensuring compliance with and use of War Child Canada partnership policy and tools.
- Review partner financial reports and provide technical assistance and build partner’s capacity.
- In consultation and coordination with the Head of Finance Operation (HoFO) conduct spot-checks, financial and compliance audit of partners
Support the Training and Capacity Building of Staff and Partners:
- Identify and support the training needs of War Child Canada staff as required
- Mentor, support and build the capacities of relevant staff on grant finance management
- Provide technical assistance to War Child Canada and partners staff as required.
- Provide on-boarding orientation for new partner to cover reporting templates and requirements.
- Provide capacity building, as necessary to partner staff, to meet objectives and ensure quality deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of five years financial management experience in an NGO, preferably an international organization.
- Technical knowledge and experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors and donor compliance auditing.
- Excellent financial management skills with experience in budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring, cost recovery principles and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing grant management systems and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter as one Ms -Word or PDF document of not more than 6 (six) pages saved in your names _ position title, location electronically to:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Position Title -location and [insert your name]’
War Child Canada is committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Final candidates will be vetted in accordance with War Child Canada’s Child Safeguarding Policy, including appropriate reference and security checks.
Eligible: The position is open to only National Applicants
Deadline for submission is October 14, 2022, 5:00 EAT