With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: National MEAL Specialist
Report to: National Evidence and Learning Manager
Advert Start Date: 5th October 2022
Advert End Date : 12th October 2022
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical guidance and leadership in line with effective Programme/Project design processes, facilitate research and documentation, manage and conduct assessments, baselines and evaluations and foster evidence-based learning and reflection in line with the WVU strategic plan.
Capacity building of staff and stakeholders
- Develop a capacity building and mentorship program for the national MEAL team aimed at enhancing their capacity and skills to assume increased MEAL and programming responsibilities.
- Build capacity of MEAL, Program Managers and Sector Specialists through on and off job-mentorship, identify learning opportunities for staff, and hold learning forums particularly in area of design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Spear head roll out of partnership initiatives from WV-EARO and Global center in relation to Design Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Guide staff in preparing progress reports in accordance with approved LEAP reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes monthly reports, quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports,
Quality assurance in MEAL work products
- As part of the Quality assurance team at National level, hold periodic National level reviews to review reports, performance of programs and provide timely feedback to programs.
- Assure quality of data by enforcing data quality through routine data and M&E system quality audits at program level, in grants, WV partners and sub grantees.
- Provide technical support to national office and field program staff and partners on integration of the strategy standard indicators into ongoing or new programs/projects.
- Plan for and implement program planning and review meetings in line with the national strategy detailed implementation plan/National Annual Operating Plan
- Track timely implementation and reporting of programs plans
- Support the regional team in reviewing management reports as well as other MEAL reports to ensure validated MEAL data and M&E compliance with recommended guidelines, formats and standards.
- Compile graded summary reports on quality and develop summary reports key findings and learning
Programme Monitoring and Reporting
- Analyze program data and periodic reports from different technical projects into periodic management reports usable for demonstrating evidence towards progress on National Office Strategy, for Technical Project Managers, senior management, Senior Leadership and other WV partnership offices.
- Support all programs/projects in World Vision Uganda including grants to undertake activity tracking and results-based monitoring of outputs and outcomes using standardized reporting templates/ formats, protocols, guides, dashboards and databases ensuring contribution to the National Office Strategy.
- Collaborate with Regional Specialists, Grants MEAL Specialists, Cluster MEAL Officer’s and division to ensure quality and timely submission of bi-annual and annual reports.
- Ensure timely availability of quality synthesized statistics at National Level for annual Child Well-Being reporting after a thorough/ rigorous validation process of data from technical projects and grants inclusive of emergency responses
- Promote utilization of data/information at program, sector and division level through regional meetings, at management meetings, at conferences, or partnership strengthened
- Develop/adapt and coordinate administration of monitoring tools to track program performance based on the strategy standard indicators and WVI partnership targets
- Compile progress reports for management purposes in line with the detail strategy implementation plan, MEAL framework and Donor Guidelines.
- Provide data to inform the development of concept papers, publication, and program reports in line with the WV Uganda Strategy, MEAL framework; for dissemination, internally to WVU and to external audiences including target communities, government bodies/agencies, Support Offices, Donors, professional communities as necessary.
- Consolidate all annual program reports and prepare the national office progress report on the WV International partnership targets
- Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of MEAL and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Support in the execution of guidelines in line with Programme accountability at a national level
- Provide technical support and guidance to all programs/projects in World Vision Uganda in the roll out of Programme accountability frame works and tools
- Provide routine progress reports on accountability across the national office
- Promote utilization of data/information in line with Programme Accountability at AP, sector and division level through regional meetings, at management meetings, at conferences, or partnership strengthened
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A Master’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Public health, Demography, Biostatistics, or a related field is required
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators, is desirable.
- Knowledge of designing and managing M&E systems at a national level for effective generation of monitoring data used in tracking Programme and improved service delivery and support related to development programming
- Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use is desirable.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software’s (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, Nvivo/Nudist, EPIINFO, STATA etc
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming is desirable.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in managing data intensive programs in designing, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies is highly desirable.
- Experience in proposal writing and development, grants management, Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Being a member of the Uganda Evaluation Association or any other Evaluation Association is an added advantage
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities
- Strong report writing and communication skills
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only