With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
We are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in Programme Accountants Role
Position: Programme Accountant
Report to: Programme Manager
Advert Start Date: 5th October 2022
Advert End Date: 12th October 2022
Purpose of the position:
Provide financial technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
- Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and Provision requests from the programme/cluster for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis
- Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the programme/ cluster and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations by 10th following month
- Financial planning & budget management: Complete and consolidate the programme/AP Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
- Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the programme / cluster and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month
- Take lead in the cluster internal and external audit and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, that is within the 90 days
- Update asset registers to monitor and manage programme/ cluster assets) in accordance with WV
Finance Manual on quarterly basis
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
- Capacity building: Provide technical financial support and hands on to programme/ cluster Assistant Accountants, Program staff and partners within the cluster
- Provide technical financial support and hands on to programme/ cluster Assistant Accountants, Program staff and partners within the cluster
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required
- At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
- Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- Additional professional qualifications
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only