With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to the Available positions in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Area Programme Coordinator
Report to: Programme Manager
Advert Start Date: 5th October 2022
Advert End Date : 12th October 2022
Purpose of the position: To guide and facilitate Program Development, Monitoring and Implementation in Lobalangit-Karenga Area Program (AP) in line with Program plans
- Support Evidence based local and National level advocacy influencing polices, practices and systems/structures for sustainable development
- Mobilize Children and Empower Communities for sustainable development
- Improved timeliness and communication of Programmes information for better decision making
- Competent program teams nurtured and motivated to deliver on strategy
- Effective, functional M&E , learning system established and informing programming
- Established operating system that leverages increased yield to community through cost effective programs and resource mobilization Area Program Plans (AOP,DIPs/cash flows/ITTs)designed and scoring 80% and Above
- outputs indicators are achieving targets by the end of each quarter
- Annual report submitted with quality and scoring within standard and quality scores.
- Semiannual report for AP written and scoring within standard and quality performance accorss the national office
- A pull out of all milestone activities that lead to outputs in the AP are extracted and tracked monthly together with output targets.
- Generate a list of the MV Households and Children to inform implementation
- Organized Sub-county dialogue meeting in the AP conducted in line with issues generated from CVA engagements on child wellbeing issues and report shared with PM-on It takes a world
- Evidence of working with the local churches on supporting the Most Vulnerable on issues of Ending child marriage and ending Violence in schools
- Organized sub county Recommitment event on the it takes a world Campaign with clear documentation in place.
- One By-law/ordinance or petition initiated/passed/followed up for implementation around CWB in the AP.
- APC Have active member of the sub county TPC with quarterly report on all TPC engagements.
- Area program engagement with other CBO’s/CSOs for child wellbeing conducted, documented and shared for advocacy and engagement on CWBO’s.
- Quarterly Sub County joint monitoring and discussion conducted in the AP and reports shared
- Household clusters established and functional
- 100% functionality of all initiatives (S4T, COVA, TFE, Child Development and participation centers, Energy saving stoves, and a documentation of success in each to inform programming
- Quarterly children’s parliament’s functional with evidence of engagement with local leaders and influencing decisions.
- All sub county CDPPs reviewed and approved and informing Plans
- Quarterly engagements with RC guardians on program implementation and key CWB issue status and action points shared
- Monthly activities for the TPs implemented for all and produce the monthly reports.
- All outputs attaining quarterly targets achieved and with evidence of discussion with stakeholders.
- 12 monthly management report produced and submitted every month
- Community assets monitoring conducted in the AP on quarterly basis and four quarterly community assets monitoring reports shared for follow up
- Monthly Budget utilization kept within +/-10% variance for 12 months.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Education: A minimum of a University Degree in Social Science, Adult and community education, Agriculture, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field.
- Post Graduate Qualification in Project Planning and Management is a Must.
- Experience: At least five years’ experience facilitating community development in sectors of Health, Livelihood, Education and Child Protection.
- Experience working with local partners and District Local Governments in all sectors and Community Based Services.Must be willing to be based in local settings
- Technical skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Must be highly reliable and independent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You must be able to ride a motor cycle with a clean riders’ license.
- Networking and advocacy skills
- Person of high integrity and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Proven and solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building if systems, staff, partners and others actors related to child rights governance and child protection.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Strong results oriented, with ability to challenge existing mind sets
- The position is field based and requires ability to ride and willingness to travel to hard to reach field locations for project implementation and monitoring
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only