In cooperation with different international collaborators, IDI is conducting a number of observational studies on patients with chronic Hepatitis B and Schistosomiasis infection over a duration of 5 years.
In order to successfully, implement the project, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individual to fill the position below:
The laboratory technician is responsible for running tests in the laboratory and sample processing for storage.
- Performing study tests on samples from study participants
- Performing quality controls on laboratory procedures
- Sample processing for storage
- Coordinate sample transportation to Infectious Disease Institute for storage
- Coordinate sample transportation to Uganda Virus Research Institute for processing
- Filling laboratory study tools
- Degree or diploma in laboratory technology
- Up to date registration with the Allied Health Professionals Council
- Research experience an added advantage
- At least one-year experience with active participation in phlebotomy, sample separation and routine test running.
Required experience and skills
- GCP and HSP certificate
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision