Job Title: Project Driver
Reports to: Project Administrator – Transport and Logistics Officer
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
Job Purpose: To safely transport company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner under Agriculture support services project in Buliisa, Hoima and Kikube district.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive project staff and other authorised persons to and from various points.
- Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving.
- Maintain proper vehicle mileage and usage records as per requirements.
- Perform daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of the company.
- Deliver and collect mails and other documents to and from various offices as required.
- Pick up and deliver LEU visitors and any other staff who are authorised to travel in the LEU vehicle.
- Maintain punctuality and courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentially of LEU information at all times while executing duties.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Education and Experience
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE).
• Valid Driving Permit of Class C or D.
• Valid defensive driving certificate from a recognized institution.
• At least 5 years of related experience in private sector.
• Basic Knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance;
• Clean driving record;
• Public Relations and Customer Care;
• Time Management; and
• Team player
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the recent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.