With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Support Services Director
Report to: National Director
Location: Kampala National Office
Advert Start Date : 30th September 2022
Advert End Date : 7th October 2022
Purpose of the position:
The Supply Chain and Support Services Director is to provide strategic leadership to WV Uganda Supply Chain and Support Services functions of Corporate Security, Fleet Management and General Facilities Services to ensure that there are adequate systems, policies, procedures, controls, and necessary skills to support the operations of the WV Uganda ministry in a timely, effective, professional and cost-effective manner.
The job holder will lead a multi-services department and team to provide excellent services that will enable WV Uganda Operations and Ministry to be efficient and fully aligned with WV Global and Regional Standards.
This position would, therefore, suit someone who has strong technical experience, whilst also having broader leadership experience across more than one discipline
A respected organizational leader that builds a committed and capable team to deliver the most effective Supply Chain Management and Support Services to all units by ensuring WVs Our Promise strategy is embedded in the Department’s annual objectives and day-to-day work.
- Role model Christ-like servant leadership
- Be an active and strategic WVU Senior Leadership Team (SLT) member.
- Drive change and build a service-oriented culture of customer satisfaction.
- Strengthen policies, processes and practices in Support Services that contribute to better efficiency and effectiveness of WV Uganda Operations and Ministry.
- Lead in the development, implementation and review of the policies, standards and procedures of all areas in Supply Chain and Support Services to ensure they are aligned to WVI expected standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure SCM and Support Services related risks are identified and captured in the Enterprise Risk Management process, for mitigating / eliminating them.
- Ensure anti-corruption and fraud mitigation strategies including the internal control framework are in place and implemented.
SCM – Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
Provide strategic leadership in Supply Chain to ensure timely, cost-effective quality goods and services with accurate, auditable records and in high process compliance through ProVision Systems and full alignment to WVI SCM standards.
- Ensure Business Requirements are developed and implemented across the organization.
- Proactively engage with suppliers, partners, local authorities, other NGOs, clusters and stakeholders to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
Systems Development and Implementation
- Engage and collaborate with Shared Services and Global Provision Team on System challenges to enhance effective use
- Ensure that ProVision Optimization and Transformation Metrics are achieved.
- Ensure annual procurement planning process is in place. Where Partners’ and Sub-Grantees are involved in the project implementation, ensure the established process covers such scope as well.
- Review Procurement Plans and develop annual sourcing strategy.
- Lead the quarterly review of procurement plans with business community to ensure requirements are updated.
- Drive reduction in total supply costs and in waste. Develop and agree on annual departmental Objectives and KPIs.
- Determine the requirement for the Category, Market and Incumbent Supplier based on the Spend Analysis and Annual Procurement Plans.
- Review the Sourcing Strategy for unidentified opportunities and ensure it meets the global and NO objectives before socializing with stake holders.
- Ensure a Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process is in place aligning to the global polices and process.
- Ensure the framework in managing the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies.
- Engage with RSCM in assessing new the possibilities of Regional, Sub- Regional negotiations.
- Review Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Ensure SCM function performance level meets annual targets
- Develop, track, and evaluate procurement metrics including areas of spend analytics, procure-to-pay process, operational efficiencies, and supplier performance to drive procurement strategy development and implementation.
- Drive operational performance and consider efficiency vs. effectiveness in the form of dashboards, convenient for the review of high-level key indicators.
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Ensure that legally vetted contracts are used for all Strategically Sourced contracts.
- Ensure supplier onboarding process and supplier relationship management framework including the communication guidelines & Supplier continuous improvement plan is in place.
SCM – General Administration and Facilities Management
Provide strategic leadership in General Administration, Visas, Real Estate and Office Facilities Management
- Lead to improve office facilities including the new office project
- All WV assets and Inventory are registered
- Ensure provision of high-quality hospitality services for visitors and staff
- Timely Government legal applications and renewals of staff and other documents such as staff work permits and visas.
- Management of travel vendor
- Efficient Internal mailing system that is well monitored
- Physical conditions of all offices are well maintained
- All real estate contracts and agreements are legally updated at all times to ensure continuity of services
- All utility bills are paid on time
- Electrical, water, telephone systems are up all the time
- Ensure all relevant documents are up to date and properly filed for easy reference.
Safety and Security
Provide strategic leadership in security to ensure excellent safety and security management system developed and maintained to ensure a safe, secure, and conducive work environment across all WV Uganda. Assist the Operations division to integrate sound security practices into their operations to enhance the safety and security of staff, assets, and programs and minimize operational risk to World Vision Uganda24/7 reachable of security focal point
- National Office and all sub-offices safety, and security system strengthened
- Full alignment to WV Global Corporate Security protocols and requirement
- Security Management in HEA/Relief Response
- Quality process, monitoring, and reporting of security incidents
- Security vendors management
- Secured premises for people and assets
SCM – Fleets and Logistic Management
Effective and efficient Fleet Management
- Fleet management policies and procedures operational and disseminated to all staff.
- Ensure the adequate fleet to support WV Operations both in National Office and Field Offices
- All Vehicles in good running/mechanical conditions
- Use of logbooks are enforced in ALL WV Uganda vehicles
- Updated records for all vehicles (log books, insurance, service records, driver details, monthly reports, among others
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 8 year of experiences in senior management position with proven leadership and management of multiple support services functions.
- Strong technical knowledge and management experience in Supply Chain contracts management, contracts administration and/or logistics, security, hospitality, asset management and broad general office administration.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High integrity and proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale programs
- Capacity/potential in leadership, relationship management/networking, and coordination.
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Good interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to programme design.
- Excellent management, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong information technology skills
- Good understanding of the legal environment of Uganda
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
The post Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Support Services Director appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .