Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Location: Kampala, with significant travel to project and programming sites (ca. 50%)
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Cash Programming and Social Protection Technical Specialist will play a key role in building the capacity of technical and operational colleagues and contribute directly to the effective scale up and management of cash programming as a major development and humanitarian intervention that leads to improved choice and dignity amongst those individuals and families with whom SC works. She/he will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that SC Uganda’s Cash and Social Protection programming is technically sound, delivered on time and that its impact is documented, measured and learnt from. She/he will support both the programmatic design and the implementation of cash interventions at all stages of the programme cycle: assessments, design, operational feasibility and risk management, monitoring and evaluation and learning. She / he will also support the Uganda Education Consortium to coordinate with the Multi-Purpose Cash Consortium to ensure strong links between cash programming and education outcomes.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
The Key Areas of Accountability include:
- Technical Support Training and Capacity Development
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Assessments
- Resource Mobilization, Coordination and Representation
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- At Least a Masters of Arts/ Masters of Science level in a relevant field
- Significant and relevant experience in designing, managing and implementing cash transfer programmes for a broad range of institutional donors and sectors (beyond Food Security & Livelihoods)
- Experience working through partnership and in consortia
- Previous emergency response experience, possibly also in Finance and/or Logistics
- Management experience of operational aspects of cash and voucher interventions.
- Experience in the introduction of internal controls systems to support cash and vouchers delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, security and programme delivery.
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- National team and/or small ex-pat team line management experience
- Experience working in insecure environments and adapting internal processes to mitigate security risks
- Understanding of representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN in the domain of cash and voucher interventions
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken) skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Multi-site management experience
- ECHO programme experience
- Social Protection programming
- Representation with key stakeholders and coordination with government, UN and civil society actors
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 6th October 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
The post Cash Programming and Social Protection Technical Specialist appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .