Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Duty Station: Soroti
The Manager Production & Technical Services will lead and manage efficient plant operations in close co-ordination with teams from different departments. He will also be responsible for designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new machines or for the improvement of existing ones, undertake scheduled and breakdown maintenance of manufacturing equipment or plants and manage the Production and Technical Teams to process fruits as per the Production Plan to meet Customer’s Expectations in Time and in Full at Optimum Cost (OTIF).
- Develop and execute SOFTE’s production plans in relation with the primary fruit supplies, plant capacities, labor requirements, marketing and distribution plans.
- Liaise with the Quality Control and Assurance Department to ensure production of quality products.
- Design maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines and take lead in the repairing and equipment maintenance.
- Design and review plant layout.
- Attend/chair production meetings and forecast production requirements.
- Compute Production costs related to equipment, time, labor and production materials .
- Decide the effective use of resources, e.g. raw materials, equipment and staff.
- Produce and implement maintenance schedules.
- Test and make sure systems are working correctly.
- Identify, investigate and repair system faults.
- Supervise the work of production and technical services staff (both skilled & non skilled) including trainees and support staff.
- Oversee the installation, repair and re-assembling of equipment.
- Demonstrate new and existing equipment to systems engineers, support staff and production staff.
- Discuss, evaluate, manage and rectify systems failures.
- Investigate environmental hazards and take charge of developing the factory’s overall HACCP plan (conducting safety tests and removing potential hazards).
- Review results and meet with managers to discuss methods of improving the productivity of existing systems.
- Investigate ways in which the latest technology could improve the productivity rate of the manufacturing systems.
- Assist in the sourcing new suppliers of industrial equipment.
- Oversee the testing, monitoring and evaluating new mechanical equipment.
- Establish and implement a quality culture within the manufacturing environment.
- Identify and analyze capacity enhancement needs of the production staff.
- Keep up to date with the latest technological developments and trends in engineering and food processing.
- Manage budgets of the Production & Technical Services department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- A Post Graduate qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a busy beverage or FMCG manufacturing environment with at least 3 years at senior level.
- Working knowledge of food quality and safety (HACCP concept principles).
- Highly motivated and able to perform and deliver under a stressful and target oriented environment.
- Should be result oriented with very good communication skills
- Should have good research & analytical skills
- Planning and organizing
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail, accurate and precise
- Quality conscious and proactive
- Problem-solving and communication skills
Mode of Application:
All applications must be accompanied with a detailed CV, Copies of academic transcripts and certificates, National ID, Telephone contact, Names and addresses of three referees in one pdf attachment. All applications must be sent to mail firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Soroti Fruits Limited,
Plot 1-4, Pineapple Road, Soroti Industrial & Business Park, Arapai,
P. O. Box 154, Soroti.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday 7th October 2022 at 5:00pm
Females are encouraged to apply.