Ensure that the bank is safeguarded against loss and fraud through maintenance of adequate and excellent record keeping, seamless processing, excellent service delivery and central archives management
Key Responsibilities: Must Not Be More Than 10
- Implement records management policies & procedures intended to facilitate efficient and effective handling of business records.
- Maintain records retention schedules and conduct periodic research on records retention periods as necessary.
- Coordinate and direct through line managers, activities of departments that involve compliance with records management program.
- Classify index and store records in a logical manner at the central storage facility.
- Enable appropriate access to records stored at the central storage facility and ensure timely response to records retrieval requests or enquiries with respect to accuracy and confidentiality.
- Update data captured in the Bank’s Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Implement at appropriate times the requirements of the records retention schedule.
- Facilitate the development of departmental filing systems and maintaining them to meet administrative, legal and financial requirements.
- Advise staff in different departments on the management of their records and documents.
- Preserve records by identifying endangered materials and the level of conservation work needed.
- Provide basic repair & preservation of paper records.
- Research on records management current trends and keep the KCB records management system up to date.
Daily Responsibilities: Not More Than 5 Of The Most Typical
- Ensure proper functioning of the day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely identification & resolution of risk issues
- Ensure daily record keeping
- Update the EDMS system with accounts that have been reopened.
Challenges: Give One Example Of The Challenges Encountered In This Job
- Lack of extra space at the archive where to put the vouchers that are increasing at a fast rate.
- The Bank to determine records for destruction to pave way for space
Academic & Professional:
- Bachelors Degree – Bachelor of Library & information Science
- Professional Qualifications – Any field
- Masters Degree – Master’s in information systems, Master of Arts in library science
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, your application must be received by October 11th 2022.