To ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the finance department processes as to drive a robust internal control environment, value creation for the overall Bank and promote building of a sustainable business.
Key Responsibilities: Must Not Be More Than 10
- Co-ordinate and prepare the Bank’s annual business plans/budgets including but not limited to the operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Lead the cost optimization initiatives so as to ensure value for money expenditure.
- Manage the tax affairs of the Bank to ensure compliance with the applicable tax laws and regulations. This will include but not limited to engagements with key stakeholders (URA, tax advisors), tax planning and accounting for the respective taxes.
- Manage the Bank’s reconciliation process as guided by the reconcilations policy and other applicable guidelines.
- Manage the payroll activities with the mandate of the finance department and the payment of service providers as per the applicable guidelines.
- Manage the fixed assets management process as per the Fixed Asset Management policy and other applicable guidelines.
- Ensure the Bank has the adequate insurance to cover all identified risk on an annual basis.
- Mentor and provide leadership for their direct reports and other members of the team.
- Liaising with auditors or inspectors to ensure completion of the respective assignment.
Minimum Position Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance/Business Admin/Commerce/Accounting/Management
- Professional Qualifications – CPA (U), ACCA
- Master’s Degree – Finance, Accounting, Management
- Strong data and technology digital skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong collaboration.
- Communication and problem solving.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Project Management.
- Taxation Management.
- Financial Accounting.