Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below:
Job: Finance/HR Assistant
Duty station: Mubende
Advert posting date: 27th of September 2022
Start of work: October 2022
Contract Duration: Fixed Term 1 – 3 months
Execute administrative tasks and do a follow-up of project accountancy, according to administration managers’ indication and MSF procedures in order to ensure legal compliance and keep strict control of monetary resources.
- Execute administrative and legal-related tasks, under the supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance, and on-time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up to date in order to facilitate HR process management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF’s interests.
- Follow up on all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the provision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support of the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into a local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
Education Desirable finance, business or administration-related Degree /Diploma
Experience · Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions. · Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
Languages Mission language (English) and local language essential Knowledge • Essential computer literacy (word, excel Homere and Unifield)
Competencies · Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles .
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV, academic documents, work certificates merged together in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document to the HR department via email;
Deputy HR Coordinator
Médecins Sans Frontières
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd October 2022 at 17h00
The post Finance/HR Assistant – Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .