JOB ADVERT FOR SOCIAL BEHAVIOR CHANGE COMMUNICATION OFFICER (SBCC OFFICER)
ADRA Uganda wish to recruit a Social Behavior Change Officer for its GFA/WFP Project in Kyaka II refugee Settlement, in South Western Uganda.
The Social Behavior Change Officer will spear head ADRA’s Social and Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) interventions, with particular emphasis of integrating SBCC components at all stages of GFA project plan, design, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting in Kyaka II
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and refine as needed all relevant SBCC related tools and materials in close collaboration with technical staff, stakeholders, and donor.
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of rigorous social and behavior change communication strategies and materials (print and audio visual)
- Provide overall strategic direction for nutrition SBCC-activities.
- Develop and manage SBCC work plans and budgets that are consistent with the Project’s strategic direction and priorities and ensure implementation of all SBCC plans to reinforce the delivery of appropriate messages through multiple channels
- Conducting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination, workshop and nutrition training focusing on the SBCC
- Contribute to and provide inputs on the annual work plan, required project reports, baseline data, tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation, collection/sharing of lessons learned.
- Lead efforts to build capacity in the design and implementation of sustainable, high impact, and high-quality nutrition SBCC programs.
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, identify key gaps, best practices, and promising new approaches for nutrition SBCC.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Liaise with other actors such as the District Health teams, Community development offices, CSO networks and community structures for partnership and collaboration geared towards strengthening community level Behavior Change Communication
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting. Prepare and submit Weekly updates, monthly activity reports and quarterly reports in quality and timely manner with active participation in monthly review meetings and trainings.
- Responds to specified SBCC requests of ADRA Co-Partners in ensuring completion of tasks and materials development, printing and delivery in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with ADRA and WFP branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations
- Design and develop a detailed SBCC strategy for GFA
- Explore and adopt multiple channels in reinforcing SBCC key messages like, radio program, TV program, IEC materials disseminations among others
- Collecting evidence through formative research or assessments/surveys to inform the SBCC interventions and local level advocacy initiatives or engagements.
16.Building capacity of your technical staff to implement and monitor SBCC for part on communication materials. Include pretesting and roll out of BC IEC materials.
- Minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, counselling, communication and journalism, development studies or social sciences.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in similar position.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
28th September 2022
The post Social behavior change communication officer – ADRA Uganda appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .