This position reports directly to the Head of Business and is based at Head Office.
Role of the Job:
The role is accountable for guiding the success of the SME Portfolio and leading the cross-functional team that is responsible for improving them.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop & implement the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for the SME Banking products.
- Develop general SME Banking products requirements, specifications, pricing and plans to complete development and marketing strategies.
- Create Banking service and product initiatives that can increase FTB profitability, as well as building customer satisfaction and brand loyalty
- Develop and implement effective SME Banking products for the Bank.
- Develop, implement, and administer sales programs as necessary to maximize SME Banking products contribution to FTB B/S and P&L.
- Develop direct customer contact and relationships with major account’s holders to monitor & strategize for maximizing sales growth
- Carry out sales visits to existing & potential top clients, identify sales leads, and report on the Bank’s high-net-worth customers.
- Maintain relationships with top customers and ensure that services delivered meet client expectations.
- Submit regular performance reports and returns/data to the retail sales manager.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Ensure sales growth in the various SME Banking products by organizing and conducting sales campaigns.
- Enhance training, customer service and selling skills among SME Bankers and encourage cross selling amongst staff.
- Maintain and update information on the company’s products or services (work closely with marketing, distribution, and institutional Banking sections of the Bank).
- Responsible for the SME Banking products business & financial targets as will be agreed using different parameters esp. on customer numbers, Liabilities, Assets and revenue growth.
- Responsible for controlling costs to within agreed budget
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- A Business Degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
- Relevant Practical training in business growth in the financial services sector
- Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Good verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Banking or similar environment of which 3 must be in a Sales & Product management function.
- Must have an in-depth understanding about SME Banking product features, pricing, benefits, positioning, design and promotions
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals. Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty. Ability to demonstrate positive image and up hold FTB values.
- Must be a person of integrity.
For details, please visit our website at www.financetrust.co.ug.
Position carry’s an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, Plot 22B, TWED PLAZA, Lumumba Avenue and email it to email@example.com as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 30th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.