Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
- Implement employment activities across the airline, ensuring properly qualified applicants are recruited.
- Coordinate selection and promotion of personnel.
- Update the company human resources manual and communicate to all staff.
- Ensure that all employees of the Airline are informed/advised on human resource programs, policies, procedures, and controls of the company.
- Administer compensation and benefits systems including carrying out salary surveys, and preparing and submitting remuneration review recommendations.
- Develop and update job descriptions for all positions for approval by the Board periodically.
- Keep comprehensive up-to-date personal records of employees on matters such as bio-data, wages, training, and other related aspects.
- Assist and guide the Airline employees with personal problems, career development, and welfare-related issues and services.
- Prepare and submit, or oversee the preparation of various employee departmental reports as scheduled/ requested, including analyses of staffing levels.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain leave records in compliance with company policies and national labor laws.
- In collaboration with relevant department heads, design and monitor training programs across the organization.
- Develop and implement a complete suite of human resources systems including policies and procedures supporting a performance-centric culture.
- Constantly update the Staff Establishment in line with approved organogram
- Serve as the main link between the Airline employees and management on all matters of human resources nature.
- Constantly update the Human Capital Management portal
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or another closely related discipline from a recognized University.
- A Postgraduate Diploma In Human Resources Management
- HR Professional certification will be an added advantage
- Proven working knowledge and experience in all functional HR areas with an emphasis on employee relations and staff development
- Proven capability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, with people at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Relevant working experience of 15 years; at least 5 of which should have been at the management level in human resources.
- Experience in managing Human Resources in a large organization.
- Should be a member of a Human Resource Professionals body.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- High ethical standards are a must.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Listening skills
- Rapport building
- Proven Training skills