Reports to: Head of Flight Operations
Responsible for: Pilots
Department: Flight Operations
- Ensure the Flight Operations aircraft are operated to the highest level of safety and that all crew members maintain professional standards at all times.
- Supervise the screening, selection, and monitoring of Flight Captains/First Officer candidates.
- Carry out crew performance appraisals, and provide feedback to pilots, and dispatch personnel, taking corrective or developmental actions when required.
- Responsible for maintaining a liaison with the Head of Flight Operations in all operational matters.
- Responsible for the training and retention of all flight operations personnel.
- Coordinate training needs to ensure that adequately trained pilots are available for all trip needs.
- Ensure that the aircraft copies of the Operations Manual are current.
- Shall participate in the investigation of, and make a report to the Head of Flight Operations and other senior management on, any aircraft accident, reportable incident, records discrepancy, or crew flight violation.
- Liaise with the Head of Flight Operations in ensuring that pilot records are maintained to Company standards.
- Responsible for aircraft charts and related publications.
- Work closely with the Maintenance to ensure that aircraft maintenance problems do not unnecessarily disrupt scheduled flight operations.
- Inform crew, traveller’s, maintenance department, and other pertinent personnel of all changes to itineraries prior to or during course of trip.
- Coordinate Pilot scheduling, daily aircraft allocation and Flight scheduling with Dispatch department.
- With Maintenance, monitor hours on aircraft until next aircraft inspection and maintenance is due, including managing flight schedules to accommodate aircraft maintenance work.
- Responsible, with the Head Maintenance, for preparing and submitting the aircraft Mechanical Interruption Summary Reports.
- Assist in the evaluations, engineering and development of aircraft modifications and improvements.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Head – Flight Operations.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Must hold an ATPL, and a minimum of 4000 hours in command of a large Aircraft
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- At least three years working experience in a similar position in a commercial
- The Chief Pilot shall be a Senior Training Captain holding a valid, appropriate type-rating and be rated on at least one aircraft Type on Uganda Airline’s fleet.
- Demonstrated managerial and administrative knowledge and capabilities, as well as knowledge of office computer applications.
- Knowledge in Safety Management systems
- High level of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Excellent communication skills, a motivator and team builder
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective coaching and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Being a member of an aviation professional body is of added advantage.
- Acceptable to the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority, as part of AOC conditions