Country/Region: Uganda, Western Region
Location: Kyaka II (1) and Kyangwali (1)
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Case Management Coordinator has responsibility to initiate, oversee and effect the implementation of child protection case management for unaccompanied, separated children and unaccompanied minors in a Refugee Settlement and or within the camp, reception centre, entry points. The Case Management Coordinator will report to the Project Manager for supervision, mentorship, training, capacity building and all technical support.
The Case Management Coordinator under the supervision of the Project Manager will be responsible to oversee the case management program in the settlement, effective implementation and proper documentation of all CP cases through supervision and support of the caseworkers as well as work in close collaboration with the other members of the CP team to ensure that trends and challenges are properly are communicated and documented.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
- Administrative Case Management Supervision
- Developmental Case Management Supervision
- Supportive Case Management Supervision
- Community and Interagency Coordination
- Case Management Teamwork
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
- Degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred and technical diploma/certificate in Child Protection as an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of implementing case management in humanitarian or development settings.
- Good understanding of the national social welfare systems, alternative care systems, juvenile justice system and child protection mechanisms.
- Experience in capacity building, conducting trainings, on-the-job coaching and technical supervision.
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities, including the ability to work on supporting case management work for children at risk.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the local language of the affected population.
- Strong drive for results and ensuring timely delivery of quality products.
- Experience managing child protection cases in a sensitive and child friendly manner.
- Coaching, teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills with children and their caregivers.
- Able to empathize with children and families that have been impacted by the humanitarian emergency.
- Experience working with case files and databases and providing regular documentation.
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and strategically with internal and external stakeholders as a representative. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Advocates for children’s rights and child participation in all decisions that affect them.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on September 30, 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.