Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) www.ambso.org is a ‘Private Not for profit (PNFP) organization working in partnership with Uro Care Hospital, with Head offices at Nansana, along Hoima Road and satellite offices in Hoima and Kalisizo in Kyotera District (known as the Masaka site). AMBSO conducts a wide range of activities of public health interest including clinical research, community-based health surveillance research; programs for health care service delivery and capacity building among health care workers and community health workers.
AMBSO is seeking for qualified, committed and reliable Volunteers to support the Masaka Clinical Research Site. Applications are therefore invited from interested persons to fill the position below.
Job Title: Data Management Assistant (01 Position)
Duty Station: Wakiso
Reporting to: Head of Department – Data
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing standard operating procedures as may be required
- Support with creating and modifying databases and entry screens for studies
- Create and maintain data dictionaries for all databases
- Participate in developing programs for data inconsistency and validation checks (both between files and
within files) to identify inconsistencies, discrepancies and produce reports
- Mentor and train data technicians on data entry and data checking
- Respond to data requests and perform required data analyses using appropriate statistical methods and
- Support study teams with designing of data collection tools
- Ensure safe custody of all research data in both hard copy and electronic forms. Ensure that unauthorized
access to the same does not take place.
- Accessing online data reports and receiving queries concerning the accuracy and integrity of the data for the
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
o Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Computer software related discipline.
o Use of data management and statistical analysis software e.g. R, STATA is an added advantage.
o Experience of at least 1 year of Data Management in a reputable Research Institution is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with 3 recognizable referees;
To: Uro care-AMBSO office-Nansana. (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone)
OR by Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org. (PDF file only). or hand deliver them to Uro Care-
AMBSO offices (Wakiso-Nansana, Hoima-isaka kijjungu or Kalisizo-along Old Bukoba Road. Applications should be handed in not later than 5:00PM 26th September, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Data Management Assistant – Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .