About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people. Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters. By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
The position is responsible for facilitating an efficient HR function for our Field offices through responsible delivery of HR services to provide effective and efficient HR support to all program Staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure staff compliance with policy, HR Practices and local law in the field offices
- Keep track of all payroll related changes and communicate as required to the Senior Associate HR.
- Administration of Field Recruitment process
- Shortlisting in Liaison with the Snr Associate HR /Talent Acquisition Manager
- Invite Candidates and Schedule Interviews
- Coordinate On-boarding & Off-boarding
- Manage the Field Casual database
- Manage Timesheets for field staff –Submission, follow-up on late submission and admin support for Intacct.
- Conduct monthly Intacct BambooHR Reconciliation
- Compile and share staff needs/requests on Medical additions/Changes
- Support in planning field HR training & activities.
- Bachelor’s degree /Diploma in human resources, business, or a related field
- 1 –3 years of experience in a human resources position or related position
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping.
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude.
The position will be based in Iganga and will work closely with the in-country HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.