To provide surgical services as per the ethical standards and medical care, treatment and prevention to clients and their care takers (most especially HIV/AIDS clients), and contribute to continuous professional development in line with Good clinical practices
- Provide administrative support to the health facility (HF) in terms of periodic planning, medical logistics management, Personnel management, financial management and performance monitoring of the HF and submit monthly timesheets and periodic reports to the key stakeholders in line with operational/M & E guidelines of the District and implementing partner
- Provide clinical assessment and evaluation of health or illnesses of clients and give proper individualized care and treatment in line with Good clinical practices
- Provide appropriate advice, health education and counseling to patients and their caregivers in line with Good clinical practices
- Monitor the implementation of comprehensive HIV care package at the HF as per the set targets for the health facility in line with Good clinical practices
- Conduct pharmacovigilance procedures and monitor disease progression while providing appropriate management including referral for complicated cases to higher levels of management and for community follow up in line with Good clinical practices and National drug authority guidelines
- Develop patient management plans for TB Clients as per the client’s T.B status and follow them up until they normalize in line with Good clinical practices
- Provide basic outpatient surgeries and complicated emergency life saving surgery and follow up patients for the best clinical outcome and/or referral for higher levels of management in line with Good clinical practices
- Perform the roles of a Quality improvement team member and monitor the implementation of the QI projects for HF in liaison with the HF in charge in line with MoH guidelines for QI
- Register the microbiology laboratory results, trace patients with critical laboratory results and make monthly reports on these results in line with Good clinical practices
- Prepare and present periodic findings regarding mortality audit, critical cases and so on at case conferences, and Health facility continued medical education sessions as per clinicians’ schedule to promote in continuous professional development in line with Good clinical practices
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
- · At least two years of experience in clinic or hospital-based services. Experience in HIV/AIDS and ART is important.
- 2 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.