With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Project Coordinator
Report to: Programme Manager
Advert Start Date: 19th September 2022
Advert End Date: 26th September 2022
Purpose of the position:
To provide day to day leadership in the implementation of the project to the project ensuring that all project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient, and effective manner and according to the agreed World Vision Uganda, and Donor Pfizer Foundation guidelines. He/she will make sure monitoring, evaluation and reporting happen timely and all resources – including finances are managed well.
The Project Coordinator will provide leadership to project team in coordination for all aspects related to project activities in Bugiri District
- Guide and provide technical support to project officers.
- Coordinate project activity implementation.
- Strengthen capacity of implementing partners at village, sub county and district level
- Ensure the project targets achieved and deliver the project goals in an effective way
- Competent and motivated staff
- Timely Project activity implementation
- Strong working relationship with District stakeholders
Project monitoring and evaluation
- Support effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed standards
- Ensure full participation of beneficiary communities in design, monitoring and evaluation by attending community mobilizations, meetings and community trainings.
- Work closely with health specialist for the purpose of the project quality assurance
- Functional project M&E; Quality project reports, continuous project indicator tracking and oversight of project evaluations backstopping.
- Community participation in activity implementation and results monitoring
- Ensure proper management of financial resources and assets in line with WV policies and donor requirements
- Support partners and sub grantees to adhere to WV finance and asset management policies
- Review of FFR
- Adherence to Financial guidelines and audit standards
- Provide check and balances
Performance management and supervision
- Work with the procurement officers and engineer to ensure appropriate materials are purchased and construction process of infrastructure under the project are adhered to the contract agreement
- Full Participation in the process to ensure quality and timelines,
- Engagement and communication
- Compile required relevant documents ensuring quality implementation of the project in line with the standards addressing the particular response
- Ensure that field staff are aware of Government policy direction and donor trends
- Presence of project plans, M&E framework and updated budgets
Networking and collaboration
- Engage with the National, District and Sub County Health authorities and support the Program Manager in managing relations with government structures and civil society coalitions
- Effectively network with local government structure and any other agencies undertaking activities in the target community and ensure that such activities are well integrated with World Vision and community activities to promote sustainability and ownership of interventions in planning and implementation.
- Identify areas for lobbying and advocacy and work with the Health and WASH Advisor to develop action plans/initiatives to address the same.
- Evidence of working with district stakeholder.
- Collaborations and effective partnerships formed with local government
Documentation and reporting
- Compile field visit and data validation reports and identify opportunities for improvement and present monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports in line with WV & donor standards to the Program Manager.
- Review of field/ activity reports to import improvement
- Coordination and technical backstopping of project reports
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in or health related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing similar related projects programs or projects
- High level of understanding the health programming
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working communities with good knowledge of public health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with strong sense of vision, commitment and priorities
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversitiesMust have strong organizational skills and an ability to work with diverse teams across considerable distances Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and strong interpersonal skills
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only