About the job
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Head Technology Services, Head Information Security, Head Ecobank Business Services, Head Operations, Operations Control Officer
- To manage and deliver reliable and high-level service to customers of the affiliate in a stable, secure and controlled environment within agreed costs.
- To be the liaison officer between e-Process and the Business functions in the area of Operations and Technology performance.
- Responsible for the delivery of robust platforms to support the business.
- To be the local O&T partner for enabling business priorities and initiatives.
- To lead, manage and develop the O&T team in the affiliate.
- To identify and address the training needs of staff.
- Manage and coordinate Procurement and Vendor Management, Facilities, Property, Logistics and Transport and ensure maximum benefit to Ecobank.
- In conjunction with the Group functions, the position is responsible for the timely and cost-effective procurement, installation, implementation and maintenance of necessary equipment, hardware and software to meet business and operational needs and support service delivery.
- Responsible for the Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management Agenda in the Affiliate.
- To implement the Group Information Security Strategy and Framework within the Affiliate
The position involves a lot of communication with O&T Teams as well as business colleagues. The incumbent should be a people-oriented person.
This role requires the ability to: –
o Build strong relationships with persons across the Bank.
o Directly support customers
- Effective contribution to strategic and major change programmes in the affiliate in line with the Group’s strategic agenda.
- Establishment of goals and milestones that support the business growth plan that are challenging in the improvement of: –
o Operations and process efficiency.
o Service quality.
o Controls and Security.
o Technology infrastructure.
Business Goal Management
- Achievement of the lowest unit costs compared with external benchmarks.
- Make the Operations and Technology Services a competitive advantage to the business, supporting the business strategy and responding to business needs.
- Achievement of target service levels for product delivery.
- Delivery of projects in the affiliate within agreed cost and timescale milestones.
- Achievement of agreed service level commitments.
- Effective management and reduction of customer complaints.
- Attainment of agreed targeted Voice of Customer survey outcomes in the most cost-efficient manner.
- To ensure that the operations of the bank in the affiliate is not subjected to anything other than normal business risks.
- To be aware of and understand the operational risk exposures being taken in the bank and ensure that effective controls and procedures are in place throughout operations to manage these risks.
- To ensure the achievement of group and local targets as set for specific KRIs including Nostro, Suspense Accounts and Central Bank outstanding.
- Drive the affiliate Business Continuity Management programme as a translation of the Group BCM strategy.
- Implement an ongoing Information Risk Assessment and Remediation programme at the affiliate level.
- Achievement of stable operating platforms, service quality targets while maintaining standards of best practice and Group Technology Risk management procedures.
- Management of Technology projects within budget and the achievement of stated benefits within the planned timeframe.
Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree or a Professional qualification in Banking, Accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in a senior managerial position.
- Strong background in Operational Risk Management
- In-depth knowledge of banking operations and operational risk management
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and service delivery
- Excellent understanding of Group’s compliance operating regime
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes
- Highly analytical with high level of drive, energy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to function in a multinational cultural environment
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please apply by submitting your application and your most updated CV and full details to: firstname.lastname@example.org