Job Title: Uganda Graphic Design and Creatives Coordinator
Department: Commercial – Marketing
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
Application Deadline: September 19,2022
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The purpose of this role is to ensure timely and efficient design, production and delivery of all branding, marketing and promotional material. The position holder is responsible for overseeing the entire creative process for these materials, their production and distribution/installation at various touch points, as well as across all locations.
Graphic Design and Creatives:
- Lead the design and creative process of all brand communication materials including customer education materials, brochures, flyers, posters, as well as digital content e.g., web banners, infographics etc.
- Develop and illustrate concepts by designing graphics, art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type, and style, and related aesthetic concepts and submit rough layout for approval.
- Ensures Visual goals are achieved, creating agreed look and feel of all designs by bringing to life creative ideas.
- Where necessary, completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, photographers, etc.
- Organize and manage an archive/folder of all Marketing creatives
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Brand Materials and Assets
- Efficiently coordinate print and production of key materials needed for branding and marketing, ensuring price efficiency and timely delivery to various touch points
- Assist in the development of internal and external communications to drive employee and customer engagement including e-flyers, Posters, Newsletters, training materials, business updates, internal announcements and other such material.
- Liaise with external designated vendors/service providers (e.g. print company) and our own distribution operation to ensure delivery deadlines are achieved
- Build and manage a successful working relationship with Sales/Customer Experience teams to deliver on in-store displays, POS requirements and other ATL branding
- Any other related Ad hoc projects
- Support the Marketing Manager and entire Marketing team to deliver the ultimate ‘brand experience’ across all customer touch points, helping us to build a stronger brand.
- Support the delivery of our brand strategy,
- Provide project support to the Marketing team and other departments, managing incoming requests, demands and expectations.
- Whenever necessary, represent Team Uganda on Global sessions involving creatives and branding.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years of graphic design and creatives experience
- Strong communication skills to inspire people to live our brand
- A self-starter who needs minimum supervision and can hit the ground running
- Naturally Creative individual with very high attention to detail, thinks outside-the-box and be a true brand ambassador who is passionate about bringing a brand to life.
- Well-developed personal organizational skills and excellent Time Management to handle juggling several projects almost simultaneously with proven ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent team player who is able to collaborate and get along with others when they work as part of a Project team.
- Passionate about brands
- Post High School education or equivalent
- Formal Training in Creatives/Graphic Design is a plus
- English (Oral and written)
- Proficiency in use of Adobe’s Creative Suite, including; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more, as the standard in the industry is a MUST. Ability to use any other necessary design software and equipment is a plus.