While working within the confines of the district structures, the VMMC Health Educator will support VMMC related community engagements including demand creation and follow up. The jobholder will also provide technical camp leadership in the areas of VMMC service provision, quality assurance, and quality improvement for better clinical outcomes.
- Lead VMMC community demand creation activities.
- Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
- Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
- Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of VMMC project activities
- Provide mentoring and capacity building to facility and cluster staff in specific areas of expertise in VMMC and quality assurance
- Support the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted in VMMC services emphasizing pivot age uptake of VMMC.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of VMMC services
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
- Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to VMMC to inform adjustments in project implementation
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of VMMC project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
- Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for VMMC including QI projects
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · Bachelor of Arts degree in social sciences or related qualification· At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services.
- · Formal training in counselling for SMC service provision.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.