dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Compliance Manager in the (CEO) Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Head of Compliance
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the role holder will be responsible for reviewing and examining the Bank processes and procedures to ensure that the Bank adheres to all applicable regulations and laws.
- Responsible for researching, assessing, and monitoring new developments in relevant bank related legislation and regulatory sphere, and updating Bank personnel in a timely manner.
- Maintain an updated inventory of all laws, regulations & guidelines affecting the Bank.
- Gap analysis on new and existing Legislation.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of Bank Policies, Procedures, Processes & Circulars.
- Coordinate review of all the Bank Policies, Procedures, Processes & ensuring circulars are repealed.
- Liaise with business units to oversee compliance procedures and offer regulatory compliance risk management advice.
- To monitor and sensitize staff on possible regulatory breaches that may cause penalties ensuring zero regulatory penalties are levied on the Bank.
- Monitoring compliance to Corporate Governance standards and Reporting.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance to funders requirements
- Monitor market abuse as a theme of compliance.
- Monitor compliance to Regulatory & statutory reporting timelines.
- Monitor relevant Local and Global legislation that affects how the Bank operates i.e., Fatca, GDPR & others.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- LLB or a business degree. Certification in regulatory compliance or ACCA or CPA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in financial services and or working in a fast-paced and dynamic regulated environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Confidentiality and sound business judgment.
- Ability to exercise discretion when performing duties assigned.
- Objective thinking.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Wednesday 21st September 2022 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.