Terms of Appointment: Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
• Formulating and reviewing policies and guidelines on community mobilization in the water sector.
• Providing technical advice and supervising Local Government
• Personnel and Private Sector actors engaged in community mobilization activities.
• Networking with relevant stakeholders (Ministries of Health, Gender, Labour & Social Development, Education & Sports, NGOs, Private and others) in monitoring the use of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and impact tracking.
• Monitoring, evaluating and regulating the implementation of community mobilization and integration of gender strategy in water sector activities.
• Planning, budgeting and implementing all social and gender mainstreaming activities in the Directorate.
• Documenting reform and software experiences learnt in the sector for use in decision making subsequent.
• Coordinating and supporting other sociologists in the Directorate and Technical Support Units (TSUS).
• Participating in networking and management of the Directorate.
• Supervision of sociologists assigned in the Department and the Directorate
• Designing of terms of reference for outsourcing social and gender related services at central level,
• Ensuring integration of gender issues in all sub-sector component programmes,
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
An honors Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences majoring in Sociology as a subject.
How to apply
All applications should be accompanied with recent (3) passport size photographs and CVs detailing work experience, present position, current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications.
Applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees and Application should be addressed to the
Ministry of Water and Environment,
Old Port bell Road, Luzira
P.O Box 20026, Kampala
and should be delivered to the Ministry registry not later than 23 September 2022. For further details please refer to the website www.mwe.co.ug