MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Manager Retail Operations
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Division – Operations
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To direct and manage Retail Operational activities of the business and support delivery of superior products and services within the Mobile Money Retail business
Main Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and enforce the Retail Operations policies, processes and procedures.
- Direct the Mobile Money Retail Operations processes to ensure timely service delivery. These include broadly the customer and channels support aspects
- Timely identification of point of service failures and implementation of corrective measures in the Mobile Money retail segment.
- Investigate and clear queries in a timely manner, provide update and escalations of queries internally and externally.
- Regular review of queries from the Retail Business unit to confirm that they are resolved as per agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Identifying process gaps and implementing process Improvements for Mobile Money Retail products and services whilst minimizing risk.
- Spearhead the implementation of the initiatives to improve process improvements in the unit.
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting suspicious activity in line with the AML/CFT, KYC programs and the Mobile Money policies / regulatory framework within the Retail unit
- Escalate any process gaps and incidents including near misses to the Head of Operations
- Develop Retail Operations staff through training, mentoring and identification of their needs.
- Manage, Train and develop direct reporting staff as well as fostering a team approach by actively building strong working relationships within the unit.
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and implement action plans to minimize the company’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Manage the company’s operational risk exposure by supporting the Retail Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and implementing corrective action.
- Ensure that requests from retail segment are processed timely, accurately within daily SLAs and deadlines
- Identify workflow/system improvements and work with the Retail operations team to enact change.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- A Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Management or any relevant field.
- Possession of a master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Practical training in Operations Management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, 2 of which must have been in Banking or Fintech operations.
- A good understanding of web services platform support
- Knowledge and experience in modern Digital Banking or Mobile Money operations practices to provide guidance on quality improvements and business changes.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) stakeholders who impact performance.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant Banking/Fintech/Mobile Money policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Ability of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Knowledge and exposure in Banking or Mobile Money operations is a must. Possess knowledge and experience Digital Financial Services operations support
- Good knowledge on Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, Anti-Money Laundering Ordinance, and relevant regulatory governance would be a definite advantage
- Possess good awareness of operational risk and sensitive to operational irregularity
- Good team player, positive attitude, and willing to work under high pressure and tight timeline
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential
- Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model MTN’s values and leadership behaviours.
- Must be a person of impeccable integrity.
MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.