Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Research District Officer to join our team in Moroto, Karamoja region.
The Research District Officer will ensure that research activities during the second phase of the SMC pilot project in Uganda are carried out at District level in accordance with study protocols and to high quality standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Statistics, Project Management, Public Health, or a related subject
- At least 5 years’ of work experience in M&E and an advanced training in research
- Experience with performance monitoring and evaluation for international or national development projects, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis
- Experience in the design and implementation of data collection and data management systems
- Experience in data analysis and evaluation
- Experience in translating data into accessible reports for diverse audiences
- Experience conducting large scale quantitative surveys
- Good reading and writing skills in English and local language (Karamajong/Swahili and Pokoti)
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible and able to work establishing a new intervention in a challenging environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including district health authority staff, health facility staff, community leaders and SMC implementers
- Able to ride a motorbike – with more than 5 years’ driving experience and own a valid driving license
We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.