Startup Uganda is an association of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organisations (IESOs) working together to improve our collective capacities, influence and impact, and to create a more enabling environment for innovators and businesses that in turn drive development across Uganda.
With support from United Nations Capital Development Fund, we officially launched in October 2019 and set out a mandate focused on:
- Increasing sustainability and investments to and through Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organizations;
- Strengthening Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support Organisations and the sector
- Engaging Government for an enabling entrepreneurship environment
- Representing diverse IESOs across Uganda working on impact and diversity
- Developing a culture and systems for collaboration among key players in the ecosystem
- Acting as the research and knowledge management engine for the startup ecosystem
ABOUT THE ROLE
Efficiently provide membership administration and support services relating to interfacing between Startup Uganda and its members. The individual is responsible for providing, administrative and operational roles in order to ensure effective and efficient service to members
This is an exciting initiative for someone who relishes the challenge of working autonomously to build scalable, high-impact initiatives in Uganda.
Relevant experience and Education
- Experience with working with membership associations preferred.
- Experience in the execution of marketing information and communication strategies
- Experience in project ideation and concept writing
- Knowledge of working in collaborative environment and diversity of culture and work styles
- Knowledge of working with accounts and finance departments.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Project Management or Public Administration or any relevant field.
- Good communication and Presentation skills
How to apply
Follow the link below to apply for the position.
The closing date for applications is 16th September 2022 at 5pm EAT